The MassLNC website is now open to member library staff of the C/W MARS, MVLC and NOBLE library networks. Feel free to post a comment in response to any current postings. We particularly welcome comments on the functional requirement identified as most important by the Open Source Task Force, which includes key staff at the three library networks.
You may view any site content as a Guest, but will need an account to post a comment. Please click on "Create New Account" (in the User Login box to the left) to request an account. A confirmation email will be sent once your account has been approved.
If you are not a network staff or library staff member from one of these networks please feel free to apply for an account anyway. You'll be given a more limited level of access at this time (but enough for you to browse all content, add comments, and submit requirements).
The goals for this website are to:
- provide a participatory web environment for identifying and prioritizing the software requirements of our Open Source ILS system;
- serve as a “roadmap” for ongoing development of our ILS with features and enhancements that are eventually described well enough for software developers to bid on;
- serve as the site for customers (networks and member libraries) to track and comment on ongoing development;
- serve as the site for internal software development, communication, coordination and documentation (for 3rd party software developers, network staff developers and other pertinent staff);
- serve as a site for public comment and public relations.