Staff currently have the ability to retrieve the last patron via the Circulation menu or the F8 key. This project would give staff the ability to retrieve up to x patrons from the menu, with x being determined by a library setting.
The mock-up below is a faithful representation as to how MassLNC would like the project implemented. If the developer wishes to make changes to this display or layout, he/she should first request the change from MassLNC before proceeding.
- A setting should be available via the Library Settings Editor to designate the the maximum number of recent patrons that should be stored to support this feature.
- When a patron is retrieved, the patron's id should be stored in a cookie as is currently done with eg.circ.last_patron. The browser should store the last patron data for up to x number of patrons as determined by the above Library Setting.
- This patron data should be cleared out when the browser is closed or when the user logs out, as is the case with eg.circ.last_patron. See more details on current behavior at https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1527694.
- A 'Retrieve Recent Patrons' action should be added to the web client's Circulation menu. This menu item should be in addition to the 'Retrieve Last Patron' menu item and not a replacement for it.
- Clicking this action should retrieve a dedicated interface that displays no more than the most recent x patrons.
- A grid with patron information should display in this interface.
- If the new library setting is set to 1 or fewer patrons, the 'Retrieve Recent Patrons' menu item should not display.
- If the new library setting is set to 0, neither the 'Retrieve Recent Patrons' menu item nor the 'Retrieve Last Patron' menu item should display.