The Massachusetts Library Network Cooperative (MassLNC) is seeking quotes for the following development projects for the Evergreen Integrated Library System.
Instructions for Developers
MassLNC invites developers and vendors to submit quotes for one or any number of the requested enhancements. Please provide a separate quote for each individual project.
- When submitting a quote, please include an estimated cost of service, a projected timeline and a description of the proposed development.
- All quotes are due by 11:59 p.m. EST Wednesday, March 12, 2014 and should be sent via e-mail to Kathy Lussier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have questions about the scope or approach for any project, please send them to MassLNC Project Coordinator Kathy Lussier at email@example.com by 5 p.m. EST February 26. MassLNC will respond to these questions as they are received via e-mail and will also post the responses to the MassLNC site so that all developers can benefit from the same information. All responses will be posted by March 5, 2014 at the latest.
- Any enhancements that result from this work should not negatively impact system performance. MassLNC will perform tests before and after new code is added to verify that performance is not diminished.
Every proposal for this work should include a section that addresses performance.
If the developer/vendor believes the work cannot be done without some negative impact on performance, the proposal should describe where performance issues may arise and the expected severity of the performance impact.
Conversely, if there are opportunities to improve performance in the course of this project, those opportunities should be outlined along with any additional financial costs that might arise as a result of doing the project in a way that leads to improved performance.
If the developer/vendor does not anticipate any positive or negative impacts to performance, this fact should also be clearly stated in the proposal
Any enhancments made to the public catalog must be accessible to visually-impaired users and should be designed responsively to display well in screens of all sizes, including mobile devices.
Any new text added should support translation into different languages.
- If MassLNC contracts with a developer, MassLNC expects the developer to share plans and communicate with the Evergreen developer community to help ensure the code is acceptable to the community.
- Prior to coding, MassLNC expects the developer to do one of the following to communicate their plans:
- Submit a report to Launchpad (http://launchpad.net/evergreen) to share detailed technical information about the proposed development. Preferred
- Post formal specs to a place that is easily accessible to the developer community.
- Send a message to the Evergreen developer’s list (http://libmail.georgialibraries.org/mailman/listinfo/open-ils-dev) to share detailed technical information about the proposed development.
- MassLNC plans to finalize decisions by March 31, 2014.